buzzzzz of bees

Initially turned off by the heady scent of Burt's Bees, I was determined to stay away from this brand, but after years of hearing just how "great" Burt's Bees is, I finally succumbed to the bees. 

The two items I'm currently using are:

1. Burt's Bees Beeswax Lip Balm (I bought it on sale for $3.99, normally it's around $4.99)
2. Burt's Bees Radiance Night Cream with Royal Jelly ($24.99, but it was a gift)

I'm very impressed with the night cream. It's not thick, not greasy, and yet very moisturizing. My skin is going through a self-discovery phase right now; some days it feels dry, other times it's oily and this product definitely keep my face hydrated without the annoying little break-outs you'd sometimes get with a "cream" product. At first when you put it on, you almost feel like "what is this?!" because it takes a while for it to sink into your skin. It feels a little tacky to the touch, like you've just rubbed liquid honey on your face (obviously since this cream is made with royal jelly, a rich, nutritious honey bee secretion). This feeling should last for a couple minutes but once the cream settles, your skin becomes really soft. The best of all, the ingredients are 99.02% natural!
I started noticing positive changes to my skin about 3 weeks after I started using the Radiance Night Cream. My skin just looks more supple, well-hydrated, and has a natural glow. The skin around my nose was a little red and flaky before and now it's taken care of, and I'm very happy with the results. It's the perfect night cream for women in their 20's who are looking for a light, nourishing night cream to keep the soft lines at bay!

I was not so impressed with the lip balm however. Maybe my expectations were too high, but it really didn't win over my heart. I thought the cooling effect of the menthol was pleasing, and the 100% natural ingredients aspect was awesome, but the balm wasn't as moisturizing as I had hoped it would be. I felt like I really had to "push" the lip balm onto my lips and it didn't glide on as smoothly as my other lip balms from Dessert Essence, perhaps it's just because it's a brand new tube? My lips just didn't feel super hydrated at all, it didn't "wow" me and I had to reapply 30 minutes later. I have a hard time imagining this as my go-to lip balm when I have seriously chapped lips but I will give this lip balm a chance just because one night I put it on before I went to sleep and I did wake up with very soft lips. 

Overall, I think Burt's Bees have some great products, but not everything lives up to the hype. It's all about personal preference. I give the Radiance Night Cream with Royal Jelly a 8/10 and the Beeswax lip balm a 7/10

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous Says:

    lol i've heard good things about burt's bees but never tried it either :P so you reckon the night cream is good eh?

    and do you ever buy stuff from body shop? lol any thoughts on those?

    Jas.

    Posted on March 29, 2010 at 9:48 AM  

    Sisi Says:

    yea I liked the night cream~
    I've only tried the body shop tea tree oil stuff for the face be4 and I HATED it so I never touched the body shop again...do u use them? I think they're expensive hype lol

    Posted on March 29, 2010 at 1:12 PM  

    Anonymous Says:

    lol sometimes~ i kinda like the founder's philosophies and policies :) but loreal or smth did buy it afterwards...

    but yeah, there's this hemp cream that's supposed to be a "customer's favourite" but i don't find it too effective. though i bought this eye mask for someone and they really liked it~ i duno, i have a few misc items but don't use them all enough to really say :P

    btw, there's no way i can know you replied to my comment unless i check the blog. i suppose if you sign in then there're notifications though?

    Posted on March 29, 2010 at 7:59 PM  

    Sisi Says:

    i've seen on other blogs where commenters can choose an option to let the system alert them by email when the blogger replied to their comment however I haf not figured out how to put that option there haha...fear not, I will look into it!

    Posted on March 29, 2010 at 8:22 PM  

Post a Comment